SF2SJ

thyna-mao
You guys/girls still up for the ride? Just wondering when this might be going down.

Re: SF2SJ

benitosan
this ride better not happen without me, for i am the master of the SF to SJ route, i know everyshortcut and pothole like the back of Quynh's hand!  haha DAS GO!

**SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

Alright lets do this. Please let me know when you can make it and be available for a ride like this. It would most likely have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. Next week, the week after?

Plan: Leave SJ around 10am; Caltrain to San Mateo to pick up Mr. Bennitosan; Caltrain to SF; ride around SF 1-2hrs?; Eat; Blah; drink; blah; eat; DRUNK!; ride to SJ;... well? any suggestions or problems let me know.

Please vote:
1. October-6 sat
3. October-13 sat

When are you available? All i need is your vote. Lets do this quick as our sunny days are numbered. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: So far its going be one these 2 dates. Open your schedules, please. Im thinking the 13th that way it gives people more time.

-Mark

DAS GO!

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

herbMFreal
shit this sounds crazy but im willing to go.....are there going to be any crazy hills? my calves of steel should be trained for this...
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

benitosan
no hills, the ride is flatter than Quynh's butt!   come do the ride, its easy: about 55miles, all flat, probably take about 3 1/2 hours if no one stops to take a fat dump!

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

herbMFreal
okay im in! earlier we do it, the better it is.

next week has the nicest weather for the bay.
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

HELLA-2
wow this sounds like its gonna be fun. but knowing us...we're probably gonna stop by every food joint on the way home lol....donuts?!...beer?!...

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

Coo, so im taking it that all 3 of you guys are open for any of the dates above?

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

CHOCOBO BIKING
Hey Mark this is Chris-I work saturdays and any sunday would be best for me, i've really been wanting to do this ride so, if we can schedule on a Sunday that'd be great!

Peace and Love From Me, Amanda+Jonah and Chocobo!

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

i am thinking saturday would be good of ,perhaps.. the 6th or 13th, maybe 6th... next week but damn we gots to leave early so the sun doesnt burn us.. i am so down but are you guys okay if I come (since i'm a girl and all)

we're riding back from SF to SJ correct? and at night???

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

Saturday- 1
Sunday- 1

Votes?

Good to see you on here Chris!

Yes Tina you can come. We wont leave too late since this is most likely a far ride for most of us. We should plan on leaving SF around 3-4pm since its about a 3-4 hour ride, right? Not really too sure but im sure Bennet knows. We're not leaving SF when it gets dark though.

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

herbMFreal
since most of us havent gone through this ride we should be on time when we leave and stuff since its a very far trip.

Then the next trip we should know if its a long ride or not.
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

Well, Bennets experience should help us here. Chime in, when you can Bennet. :)

Re: **SF2SJ- Please Vote!**

benitosan
since i've done this ride about 10x this summer, my suggestions/advice:

-its about 55 flat miles, you should be in shape to ride about 3 1/2 hours, even with the experience and conditioning, i get a little sore and tired at around mountain view which is still about 15 miles away from SJ

-flat flat flat no hills no hills no hills, easily done fixed gear brakeless whether you rock a 50x15 or 48x17 or 46x19 whatever, any gearing can do this

-bring SUNSCREEN, even tho most of us here are yellow asians or brown mixers, the daytime sun for 3 1/2 to 5 hours can be brutal and burning not to mention skin cancerous!

-bring SPARE TUBES cuz flats are a possibility especially along some of the surface street areas prone to debris like glass and thorns, also bring some Clif bars and energy bars, you'll need it, hungry folks!

-wear shorts or some kind of bike clothing cuz your jeans and all-over print hipster gear will feel pretty gross after riding 3 1/2+ hours and 55 miles

-if you need to bail out at any point during the ride there is always a Caltrain station nearby, we will be riding pretty parallel to the Caltrain corridor, so bring extra MONEY too!

-i suggest to leave SF no later than noontime NOT TOO MUCH LATER cuz with a larger group and different skill and speed levels, this ride could take up to 5 hours and since the sun is setting sooner these days, its not as safe to be riding in the evenings, so if we leave SF by 12 noon, we will arrive in SJ at 5pm at the latest, or even 330 or 4pm at the earliest!

-thats about it, come do this ride, it is fun, challenging, and scenic, and the more we have the more riders we have, the merrier!

-i suggest that we all have dinner and drinks AT THE END OF THE RIDE, if we eat alot during the ride, people will get lazy and not finish the ride, so eating at the end will be like the reward for doing the whole thing!

-i am better for SATURDAYS so SATURDAY is my vote!

-Bennett

Re: SF2SJ

cwiss
Sat 10/6, Sat 10/13, and Sun 10/14 works for me.

Re: SF2SJ

herbMFreal
lets do it! ill bring whatever i could bring as far as energy bars and snack and H 2 the hizz O

Bennett=SF-SJ God! muahahahah

Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: SF2SJ

tinaballs
No offense but I already lost SOME respect for SF cyclist. i mean, check out the freakin' forums... you're right bennett! i want to ride my hummer over their bikes. i'm pretty fucking heated right now

Re: SF2SJ

herbMFreal
haha they dont roll deep like we do!

sounds like a song.....

i hate gaps between classes.....
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: SF2SJ

tinaballs
Herb Real wrote

i hate gaps between classes.....
 TELL ME ABOUT IT! I'M STUCK IN A FUCKING TWO HOUR GAP!

but yeah seriously, we mobb deep hahaha swweetness.  i'm sorry to say but i think they're more stuck up than snot on your fuckin wall

Re: SF2SJ

herbMFreal
i hate it when you accidentally touch them......sooo nasty......

Herb.Real@gmail.com
123