top speeds

buccinotony
what're ya'll topin' out at?

i'm weaksauce and was only able to hit 32 for about a mile, but that was from a cold start and with a sprained wrist..

Re: top speeds

buccinotony
ps i'm running 48x18

Re: top speeds

AmongShadows
32 MPH for a mile on 48x18? I smell B.S.

Re: top speeds

Come out tonight and prove it. :)

Re: top speeds

buccinotony
shoot i wish i could, i've gotta ton of hw i gotta do.
hopefully next week

Re: top speeds

cwiss
interesting... i'll be there to witness this fo sho!

Re: top speeds

thyna-mao
So over the weekend I tried the infamous tonybuccion gearing 48x18...but huh, maxed out at 28mph but then I thought hmmm how bout 49x15...I could only get up to 31mph, though It was more like 1/4mile. Tonybuccino how do you do it?

Re: top speeds

buccinotony
oh so i got a new account, because i forgot my old email.. but that's totally beside the point..

idk man maybe my friends car was off..

Re: top speeds

climbarock
maybe someone's got their "km" mixed up with "mi"

Re: top speeds

buccinotony
nah cause that would only be 20 mph and i know i can spin faster than that

Re: top speeds

AlvChen
I did a bit of the math for y'all:

Approximately 150 RPMs  on a 48x18 with 700cc wheels to achieve 32 mph.

Re: top speeds

Maurice
it's possible if you have the leg speed, maybe he had a little tail wind
I think I topped out yesterday around 37 but only for a short distance

Re: top speeds

jensenn
32mph on 48x18 is possible. for a whole mile though? i can only imagine how much your legs would be burning. the look on your face at the last 1/4 mile i really wanna see.

Re: top speeds

benitosan
tonybuccino is afraid to show us his blazing speed on Tuesday night rides as well as Hellyer!
c'mon man, why hide it?  if you are so fast, race this old man, yes I'm calling you out again.

Re: top speeds

AlvChen
I just found this excel spreadsheet online that's amazingly handy for everything in regards to gear calculating:

http://www.fixedgearfever.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=4