hubs

buccinotony
does anyone have experience with these..
they seem like good idea

http://www.levelcomponents.com/

Re: hubs

reckon
no direct experience BUT I can tell you in motorcycles, you would NEVER see the rear sprocket threaded, with a reverse threaded lockring, the torque from both accelerating and de-accelerating would spin it right off and tear the threads up (remind you of anything?), so the design is VERY VERY GOOD for strength and a time proven design.

I want to see fixed gear hubs that have the same internal urethane bushings as well, so you get some cushion between forward and reverse peddling.

I saw a post where a guy took a front MTB disc hub and flipped it over and relaced it onto the rim, and used a brake disc as a template and drilled out a cog, and bolted it to the disc side,...according to his post, he had been torturing this setup in british colombia for over a year with no problems whatsoever, except people would goof when they saw his "fixed gear" set up.

I like it.

Re: hubs

ryanlovesyou
Thats pretty interesting... it says they're based in Santa Barbara, and thats where I am right now, so maybe I'll go check them out.