faber's cyclery???

iornlung
so when is this place open? everytime i try to go its closed. i heard its weekends only, and ive tried that, mornings and evenings. is this place really still in business??!?! ghosts... it looks haunted. creepy

Re: faber's cyclery???

ThaValleyFixedGear
it's been closed for a few months now, suck...they have a lot of cool stuff in there
=Sokha M.

Re: faber's cyclery???

BRRUNO
Alex opens up shop whenever he feels like it..   pretty much..

Re: faber's cyclery???

Amoeba
its pretty much closed down, last time i talked to alex. Someone attempted to burn down his shop, and was moving his stuff around in the back. Guess hes doing business somewhere else..

Re: faber's cyclery???

iornlung
i was there today, it was kinda awkward. i didnt know what to expect when i met him. he was nice, but busy. its a shame, that place isnt protected as a historical landmark. i was doing a little bit of research on it, and was an interesting past.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/44409/fabers_cyclery_the_little_bike_shop.html

Re: faber's cyclery???

Ese_Gringo
He is available to the homies that were regulars back in the day, I am working on a pre-war shelby and call him on his cell when I need some parts and we meet. He makes all the money he needs selling on ebay. Those were the days when alex and anthony and alexs son were all in there working on bikes.

On a side note, they were supposed to be out of there more than a year ago, but since there hasnt been a potential buyer for the property alex' has been chillin on the property, Its always fun to go in there and see all of the history. Sundays are bike history seminars where he goes on a timeline discussing bike history. He has a rad motobecane fixie frame with nervex lugs that I have been trying to score from him, but he has his set price, I will eventually convince him. :)
If it ain't fixed it's broken.