SF to SJ Ride! When are y'all free to do this?!?!?!?!

SF to SJ Ride! When are y'all free to do this?!?!?!?!

Jeff ES EF
This post was updated on .
So the guys were talking about doing a train-up and SF to SJ ride back to catch the tailwind. Let's all do this for those who want a nice day's worth of riding and sightseeing! It would most likely be an all-day thing fasho! But here are some possible dates for this happening: May 19 or 20 if at all possible. Or just any Saturday or Sunday. We's gotta get some planning done!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

benitosan
IN, but whomever is coming along for the ride should be able to ride 60-70miles (depending on the route we take).  this means that your legs, your arms, and especially your butt should be ready to be on a bike for about 4hours, this course is superflat, but you still need to be in shape for the distance.  at least there are alot of places to stop, rest, eat/drink along the way, but don't come if you aren't used to longer distances!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

AlvChen
Superflat?  Forget that.  Anyone up for taking skyline back??

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Jeff ES EF
I'll be needing padded bike shorts. Yeah! Sthpandexthhhh!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

climbarock
shorts? BIBS my friend! BIBS!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

JellyMeetsJam
So I ride five miles to school five miles back in additon to random rides and the group ride but I've never been on anything nearly this long. I feel like I'm in decent shape, but not sure if I'd be able to keep up. Thoughts?

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Im down!

Switch out them chainrangs and go crazy on them gears!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

climbarock
This post was updated on .
I know I can ride over 70 miles with gears. Not sure if riding fixed is the same, then again, I'm sure this ride doesn't have 5k' of climbing.

So I have a couple weeks to learn eh? Took the Kilo to work today, fell off the bike trying to get on the bike. I'm so wearing a helmet tomorrow.

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Yea its all flat but if you are in fairly decent shape, you should be able to do it. Tinaballs has done this ride before and she's a hipster. haha. :)

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

thyna-mao
Yeah, if Tinaballs can do it.....
J/k plan on major butt sore if you're not wearing :PADS: Shorts that is. I'm In.
Do bring some Nanas and a some salty snacks.

JinWS...put a freewheel on that thing JUST in CASE, I wish I did the first time we did this ride.

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Jeff ES EF
So as for when this ride is going to take place...let's all figure out when can be a good day we can do this ride! Check my first post for suggestions! I'm thinking that people may want this on a weekend, but I'm not too sure! When y'all free?!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Thyna is right. Bananas and Salt packs for cramps. :)

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

hahah shut up! yes i've done it before but you gots to give me some credit because it was my first day on the 42/15... that was a big increase from my 42/18

lets do this sometime!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

thyna-mao
All kiddin aside, you deserve credit for making it all the way. You know we alls gots love for you.

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

PROPS!

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Maurice
If I'm free I'd be down for taking skyline back or riding up skyline there and back with the group

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

Jeff ES EF
That is...if we find a day to do this! Come on guys, Thinkkkkkkkk!

...actually there's no way I can do this in late may
there's a road race like every weekend.

Re: SF to SJ Ride! Let's go do this sometime late May!

thyna-mao
Yeah, late may means I'm on call for one weekend of the month...so maybe something early April.
12