Introductions

tone-2
Thought this thread could be dedicated to making introductions if your new like myself or even if you know most everybody else on the forum. So here goes:

I already introduced myself over @ SF fixed in the SJ thread, nonetheless i'll re-introduce myself here. I go to SJSU and i'm majoring in photo, graduating this semester. I come from an mtb and bmx background and have been riding bikes for over 10 years. I usually ride my bmx or schwinn speedster on campus (it's black with a handle shifter on the toptube) and don't have a fixie yet, but will very soon. Just wanted to find some forums where I could interact with people in the fixed gear and bike community in general and found SF fixed first and now SJ fixed! I've been involved with mtb since i started riding bikes and started msdhw.com back in highschool with a couple friends to cater to the freeride and downhill mtb scene in nor-cal. It's grown to more than just mtb though, and we even have a fixed/singlespeed section. I just recently became interested in fixed gear bikes, so go easy on me if i ask simple questions, etc. That's it in a nutshell. I'm interested to see how many people here go to SJSU (which seems like quite a few) and just meet everybody in general.

tone

Re: Introductions

HELLA-2
nice to meat u TONE but i didnt catch your real name.

my name is kenny im not even from san jose but i visit sj on the weekends and random weekdays (gf). im aka GradeA Snailporn on sffixed and club4ag and barotary () Ive been riding for the past year and half. i work at Fatlace in SF and ive been into cars pretty much my whole life before i got into bikes...(yes they changed my life). other than that i pretty much like to eat out and porn.

Re: Introductions

tone-2
my bad. my name is tony, but a lot of people just call me T or Tone. last name patane...yeah, i'm italian. I've been on the fatlace site...good stuff. I'm semi into cars myself, owning a subie and what not, but more into bikes than anything. bikes def. changed my life too! nice to meet ya by the way.

Re: Introductions

herbMFreal
Okay my turn it is,

Im Herb, most of you guys met me the first time on tues and some from years back (Hella,Cwis, and Quynh). Citify and i known each other for quite a while back in car days dont know how long but a long time. I just got into fixed gears very very recently, when i was little i did a little bit of bike riding here and there. I got to EVC and finishing up my lower level and maybe get into business if radiology fails me. Im an amateur photo guy shoots none as for now since i sold my Canon D60, waiting for the 40d to come in. Im unemployed currently and will be until i get some kind of internship. If you see a silver bridgestone bike with with SLR saddle with the gold nitto 65 stem thats me. im usually riding with Mark(Citify) in SJSU.
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: Introductions

atarinaper
I'm Andrew. I live and go to SJSU. I live in CVB and am a photojournalism major.

i ride a bianchi san jose, with a white deep-v laced to a phil in the back and a brooks saddle.

Re: Introductions

Welcome to SJFixed guys. Good to have you guys around!

Re: Introductions

benitosan
i'm Bennett aka Benitosan.  i'm older than dirt, haha.  i've been riding bikes for about as long as most of you kids have been alive!  raced bmx in the 70's, raced 24" bmx in the 80's, mtb'd (xc and dh) in the 90's (as well as sk8'd), dabbled a bit w/ freeriding and trials in the 2000's, been riding fixed for about 3 years now, but i've always been a singlespeeder since my first G-Boy BMX in 1978 (still have it, Z rims on Phil Wood hubs, sick!)... anyways i'm asian like most of SJ fixed, hehe chinese but i'm taller and i ride 57cm's so sorry don't have any framesets to sell you guys ;( also a former car guy but not so much the import scene unless you consider my taste for original mini coopers!  i'm a muscle car guy, V8's and lumpy cams!

anyways, i'll probably see you around a lot, i like the SJ vibe, not as much 'tude as SF, plus the weather is much better for night rides in shorts and t's!  love that, but hate the SJ cops-a-plenty.  i'm always down to ride whenever you guys plan something.  i live in San Mateo, and i work at Stanford University, man you guys should really come up and ride there!  nice place to ride, scenic, and HONEYS GALORE!  SO MANY BABES AT STANFORD YOU HAVE NO IDEA!   so that's my intro...

Re: Introductions

thyna-mao
What it Do? Guys
Most of you guys and girls met me already, I don't go to SJSU but wish I had, I don't really do much cept bike and go to work and spend time with my wifey and my little boy. I'm one of Cambodian riders in the group although Herb and I look almost alike, sort of. Downtown is my playground and I ride a sand blasted Pake. Holla ! Oh and the name is pronounced TeeNah or Mr. T if it makes it easier.

< - -

Re: Introductions

ThaValleyFixedGear
Yo SJFixedsters, I'm Sokha I ride a silver Bianchi Pista with silver DEEP V's. Meet most of you guys over the week. It's good riding with other people. I've been in San Jose for about 20+ years but I just moved out to the Valley, i'm here most of the week tho. If you guys can change the Tuesday ride to Friday that would be perfect. I can come down on Fridays and ride till the traffic dies down then drive home, i'm about a 50min drive away but I gotta rep the "408" ya know!!!!!!!!!!!
=Sokha M.

Re: Introductions

rok.photography
yo!
my names eric.. but mot of the time people call me rok. long story short it evolved from e-rock. (not from my big stature)
i own a 07 black cannondale capo. you can most likely tell its me if im mosying around really slow. or the orange hufquake sticker on the black deep v.
as bennitosan is a tall chinese gentleman i am a tall filipino youngbuck. so yeah bennett i ride 57-59 cough cough.
as herb i take pix to.
i live in sf, commute to sj in the auto when i need to get there, commute to sj on the bike when time permits. i think i might just drive down and lazy around the school like herb does on my c'dale.

MY 21ST BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW SO IF ANY OF YOU GUYS WANT TO COME TO HUKILAU IN THE CITY (i can provide directions) YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN FOR SOME DRINKS N GOOD HAWAIIAN FOOD!!

Re: Introductions

benitosan
haha, asians come in two sizes i guess: me, Rok, Thyna, Sokha standard american 6 footer sized, and then all the rest, but its all good, i wish i was shorter sometimes, like when i'm driving my Mini Cooper!

Re: Introductions

Commander Mandozer
sup all.
I'm Marc. just got into fixed gear this year, built up my Langster from scratch off CL parts, luv it.
Full time student at De Asia, going to SCU fall 08. Taking up fucking mech. engineering though math is my toughest subject.
Huge motorsport fan (f1, etc) but detest street racing lmao. I love the arts (photography, interior design, architecture, drafting). Big music buff, known for scouting pretty obscure and unknown, non mainstream usic. love electronic/indie rock.
that's me!

Re: Introductions

yo yo my name is TINA aka tinaballs, i'm the asian girl with hella tattoos

i ride a fixed grey univega with red deep vs and i enjoy every moment with my bike. i love riding with the sjfixed crew including herb, mark, quyhn, chris, bennet, and the rest. I just recently gottin into riding fixed gear like a week or two ago since i barely got it back from the shop. but ive been riding that bike since 4 months go (it's my grandpas bike, btw) . love funtimes, i'm down for anything, i love to have fun and meet new people.

Reason why i ride: I WANT THUNDER THIGHS LIKE QUYHNS...AND i want to stay in shape, and i know biking does a body good. i want to learn new things and get into this fixed scene because i want to keep it going on in the family since my grandpa used to race back in the 40s. exercise

i'm a girl with balls like a boy, so come suck some. nice meeting you all <3

mobbddeep tuesdays

Re: Introductions

BE EZ BEEZY
WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAWWWWWWPPPP

my name is leslee brown! uhm i'm Hella's girlfriend! i'm from south san jose and attending de anza college with an unknown major =x i got 07 bianchi pista...chrizzomeee!  been riding fixed for half a year now but not getting much action. i drive a yaris hatchback. egg mobile!
resurii@myspace

-BE EZ BEEZY

Re: Introductions

herbMFreal
woowoo for yaris!! Welcome to the forum leslee
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: Introductions

Welcome Leslee. good to see you on here. Nice intro Tina. hahah.

Re: Introductions

HELLA-2
good to see u on here BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Re: Introductions

Jason.
I'm a Sociology major at SJSU and you'll often see my bike (white Bianchi Roger) locked up in front of Dudley Moorehead.  I commute (by bike lately) from Cupertino.

Yell me at me if see me around.

I'll also be taking a morning class at De Anza this quarter, but I don't think I've ever seen another fixed gear rider there.

Re: Introductions

Commander Mandozer
thunder thighs woot!
My thighs are very thunderous too.

Re: Introductions

"Hi i'm Marc, and i love chatting online til 4am with Tina and keep her up so she can be late to class"
12