If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

So, my knees started clicking 2 days ago. I ignored it and kept riding. Today i can barely walk. FUCKIN SUCKS! I cant fuckin ride a bike. I even got on my road bike and tried riding that but it still was more fucked up then ever. So just a heads up to you all; If your knees start clicking, stop riding.

Don't ignore your knees. Once theyre out, theyre out. Im going to have to give my knees a good rest. Im hoping that in a few days all will be well, but ive read and was told i should give it a week if not two weeks. Im really not sure if i could be off of a bike for that long. sonofabitches.

Ive started taking glucosamine joint medication and ibuprofen. I guess i just have to be taking that stuff consitently for a while.

Take care of your knees. Im still pretty pissed off about my knees, it just feels like a step back. sonofashit. Oh well.

-Mark
Will be drinking instead of riding. haha.

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

HELLA-2

deng take it ez mark!

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

jimsantos
Yeah, I second that motion. Just got back from my doctor and apparently I have some extensive wear on the cartilage on the back of my patella (kneecaps). This is due to the incredible amount of torque applied with fixed gear riding during braking and acceleration. So even if you're sick enough to rock 52x15, make sure you listen to your body.

Mark's right on the glucosamine and anti-inflammatories, the doc recommended them too.

And I know this is a personal preference, but having a brake on the front might be a good way to go if you're starting to experience knee pain.

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

benitosan
damn, i'm hella scared now, i'm at least 15yrs older than you guys, either i have knees of steel, or i am just lucky.  some days my knees are sore, but i guess that 30+yrs of consistent riding means that my knees are used to the abuse, don't get me wrong, if i run 5miles, my knees feel like shit, but biking never kills me like that.  i'm gonna watch out, maybe this is all symptomatic of riding brakeless, from now on we will be sjbraked.org and ride coaster brakes and handbrakes.  drill them keirin forks youngsters!

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

ilovesj
oh snaps! my knee started clicking last night when i got home. =X

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

ilovesj
hope you feel better.

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

herbMFreal
same for me, it actually started clicking for about 2 weeks now. I just ignored it until Mark called me yesterday so Im in for the drinking crew.

but i cant help skidding..its sooo fun!!!
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

stickywheels
watch out with the ibuprophen, it'll eat up your stomach. anti-inflamatories do that. try getting some "traumeel" at whole foods. 'Traumeels is all natural ingredients and used to alleviate symptoms associated with inflammatory conditions.' it is a bit pricey, last i checked it runs about 18 or 19 bones but totally worth it.

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

dopesick
both knees? i've been riding fix for 11+ years, and i know i've got to be getting close. i've gone through some rough knee injuries though, but mainly due to crashes, i.e. bike, skateboard, drunk running etc...

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

Yea. Thanks guys. Still sucks. I still waddle when i walk and shit. Pretty damn sore now. Day 1 of being off a bike sucks. haha. Im gonna have to make my way to whole foods tommorow to get a few things to help this healing. Thanks again guys.

Re: If your knees start clicking, STOP RIDING!!!!

ThaValleyFixedGear
Try to keep your weight off your joints...my hip joints are still sore from lifting weights wrong but it'll go away with stretching and IBPROFIN. Get better soon

edit: it's Thyna, I just forgot to log off Sokha's account
=Sokha M.