Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
I NEED A GOOD LONG LASTING HEADSET. Any suggestions? I was thinking about a Chris King but maybe I'm overlooking something that's better for my money. Help a brotha ouuutt.

Re: Headset question...

CHris King! It will last you forever!!!!!

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
I was thinking about the Shimano HP-550 105 Threaded Headset which is also cartridge bearings and aluminum. also to mention 1/4 the price!! $34 dollas mannng! I dunno!

Re: Headset question...

ihurduliekme
im in need of a headset, probably bb, crankset/chain ring, and maybe a seat post
wanna sell me your old stock parts for hellaaa cheap
aha

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
Truvativ 165mm Cranks, bb, and a 48t black rocket ring

...all in one great package deal of $70! Yeah? I'll drop if you need to. You're such a dear friend!

Re: Headset question...

benitosan
cost matters most in the long run... you can either buy something cheap up front then have to replace
it later over time/mileage/use/abuse, or buy some quality $$$ stuff, install it once, then it will last you forever

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
Damn, now I have to take that advice from an elder. Chris King it issss..

Re: Headset question...

benitosan
i saw 2/people selling ChrisKing HS at the SF/DP swap on Saturday for $65, they normally popup on CL for like $80, get one, install it, then forget about it.  i think they retail for $120, just hunt around and get one.

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
" get one, install it, then forget about it."

Sounds like a cheap business advertisement's catch-phrase.

But yes, I am convinced that I need a Chris King headset....Nowww, 2nut or GripNut? Hmmmm. I also need a 1" Chris King. I also want it in Black or chrome. Hmmmm.

Re: Headset question...

climbarock
I was over at bicycle express the other day getting a headset installed. We talked about the CK headset and how it retails for about $120. The guy made it sound like they can get it, or should I say sell it for much cheaper than that. might be worth checking out.

Re: Headset question...

quynh
there's a Chris King threaded HS on SFfixed foo.
cop that shit. it's gold too.
bling bling.

Re: Headset question...

ihurduliekme
jeff did you ever get your new crankset in, and headset?
wanna go a bit cheaper? haha, cause i can get pake crankset + 46t chainring new for 61, then + 25 for a new matching bb, only puts me 16 above yours....
maybe wanna sell me your stock headset and seatpost too? haha shit im so cheap.....

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
Cranks, BB, headset, 48t black rocket ring,  maybe a seatpost if i can find one: $80

Re: Headset question...

ihurduliekme
Truvativ 165mm Cranks, bb, and a 48t black rocket ring

...all in one great package deal of $70! Yeah? I'll drop if you need to. You're such a dear friend!

lolwut
its ok then nevermind haha

Re: Headset question...

climbarock
I just got the Pake cranks for $50 from Universal, and I should've pay more attention to the pic. The rings are bolted on the inside. It's basically a double crankset, with the inner ring. Ugly as fvck. Why oh why did I want to save money on cranks?

Re: Headset question...

Buy quality and buy once. Cranks IMO are one of the best investments for a bike.

Re: Headset question...

ihurduliekme
mark recommend me something then!!
shit fine ill give in i guess some car parts can wait for my bike....

i need headset, crank + chain ring, bb, seatpost(but i guess im getting on for $5 from thyna)

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
lol dude, I was joking with you. Pay me whatever. I don't really need this stuff hahaha

Re: Headset question...

ihurduliekme
wutttt
how about i just borrow everything since its already used until i buy new parts just so i can get my bike running
but you can take it back whenever you want?
please?

Re: Headset question...

Jeff ES EF
Then promise me you will come out to the weekly rides! Tuesdays! If not...then Mondays! Let me know which one you're going on. Shooooooot. One more question, do you gots the tools for it all? eh? Call me and let me know!
12