Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

FazeOne
Can anyone recommend one? Been craving for some sushi but I dont really want to end up in some bunk place.

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

jeffree
i don't know about sushi because most of the places i've been to are alright, but gombei and minato are bomb for bento boxes. i usually head out to kitsho in cupertino for sushi, freshest in san jose for sure.

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

herbMFreal
Miyake's in Cupertino is also pretty good. Blowfish is pretty from a friend.

Yelp.com usually helps you out a lot since its reviewed by users, no BS.
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

jeffree
speaking of yelp and while we're on the topic of food, if you want some good chinese food check my mom's place out:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jbYBAd2qB7ecmTU2nTrXXQ#hrid:My75IZB0BISkHKxewDi6lA/query:great%20wall

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

herbMFreal
Great wall restaurant Ride!!!!! im down for this!!!
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

cwiss
not really downtown, but probably one of the top 3 sushi places i've been to:
http://www.sushicoast.com/

it's on 4th right off 880.

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

Good sushi, go to, Kazoo in japantown in downtown sj. Their sushi and sashimi is fresh and cut really well. you like it.

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

AmongShadows
Try Smile Sushi on First st. downtown... Hella good and Good Karma is down the street!!!!

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

i would try.... japan town,(downtown sj) this place called zakai or something... i was eatin there last night when the quake happend haha the power went out so we had a candle light diner

Re: Good Japanese Resturants Downtown?

FazeOne
I checked out kazoos the other night. It was pretty good for the price. I was surprised by how cheap all the rolls were. I wasnt totally satisfied but id give it a 6.5-7 our of 10. I thought it was funny how they were really japanese over there. These dope spots i go to in oakland & alameda are both owned by koreans. If you guys are ever in the east bay for some sushi check out Mijori on Grand or Sushi House in Alameda