track workout this morning

bhj1
went to the track this morning expecting to get in on a beginner's session...not to be.  the track wasn't open at 8:15 and there were numerous people waiting at the entry gate.  a little discussion told me that the regular saturday session was not on today, with the northern california master's track championships going on instead.  to make a long story short i weaseled my way on to the track during warmups and was able to get 20 miles of track time before they booted us off for racing at 10:00.  the warmup/workout was great with some nice 200 sprints thrown in.  i watched a little bit of the racing and i'm stoked to get out there eventually.  a plan gone bad, but turned out ok in the end.

william
some live to work, i work to live
MRK

Re: track workout this morning

MRK
yeah. the next actual beginner session is the 16th.

sounds cool that you got to sneak in a warmup though. how was the racing?

Re: track workout this morning

bhj1
i saw the match sprint qualifying flying 200's, and then some of the match sprint, 2 up, prelims.  some good racing.  these were masters, so everyone was as least 30 years old, with some being much older.  there was a 70 year old guy who's been a national champ 7 times.  he was pretty damn fast for age too!  the racing's going on again today out there. the national master's championships are being held at hellyer in september.  we should get some people together and go out and watch.  should be some great racing there.