to riser or not to riser?

sense
currently debating whether i should get risers or not, looked at a couple and the nitto b259s caught my eye. does anyone have them and if so how do they feel and what would be a good stem to pair with it. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

-Vincent

Re: to riser or not to riser?

Nitto Risers are cool and all if you are into brand name stuff but $5 riser bars from bike shops do the trick. They are pretty easy to find and cost much less. All you have to do is cut them down. The bike shop might also be able to help you out with that. It just takes a pipe cutter. Old school mtb's came with these perfect 1" risers.

Re: to riser or not to riser?

sense
guess youre right mark ill have to make a trip to bicycle express today/tomorrow and go bargain hunting.

-Vincent

Re: to riser or not to riser?

climbarock
I have a pipe cuter that cuts up to 1.5" diameter if you need to use it.

Re: to riser or not to riser?

sense
thanks ill let you know if i do

-Vincent

Re: to riser or not to riser?

thyna-mao
I now a guy selling some nitto riser on a pearl 90 stem with fresh black Oury grips...asking $70 though, but they're noice!

Re: to riser or not to riser?

benitosan
^i'd buy the nitto risers/nitto pearl9/ourys if no one else will... Thyna put me in touch w/ your boi.

-Bennett
bikegeek72@yahoo.com
-Benitosan

Re: to riser or not to riser?

thyna-mao
^Done, he should be contacting you shortly or you can call him at 510-364-9419, Lawrence.

Re: to riser or not to riser?

sense
thyna are those risers/ nitto stem still up im considering picking them up if possible

-Vincent