shoes

The ghoul
What are some good casual/sport shoes for cycling? I've had the same pair of sambas for almost two years
now, and there starting to take in a lot of water.

Re: shoes

BallinOnABudget
A lot of people are starting to get into these TOMS Shoes. I don't know how well they are to ride in but all the hipsters get em. Best part is if you live in socal you can just pick them up since it takes awhile to deliver them. I personally like riding in my converse.

Re: shoes

noyoshimi
ahaha so true.. my friend works at toms and i see everyone riding in them. personally, they look a bit uncomfortable but who knows

Re: shoes

lil' j
VANS classics are the way to roll...

Re: shoes

Marc M
SIDI's w/ Shimano SPD

Re: shoes

benitosan
if hipsters wear them, then AVOID them cuz hipsters don't really ride, they just push.

get something with a flat/stiff/grippy sole, vans/adidas/tigers work well, as do most indoor soccer shoes.

Re: shoes

mark_xvx
slip Ons, authentics, or eras.

Re: shoes

jeffree
those would be dope if i was still taking karate

Re: shoes

BallinOnABudget
benitosan wrote
if hipsters wear them, then AVOID them cuz hipsters don't really ride, they just push.
I forgot to mention that they are for a good cause... maybe thats why people buy them.

Re: shoes

dopesick
    dude, there is a huge list of shoes that would be ideal. at least i think. i'm assuming you're looking for something that will fit into your straps without rubbing your crank during your cadence. (try riding in nike basketball shoes sometime. i literally wore out nylon straps in about 3 months from doing this about 3 times a week. wide soles suck.)
    just about anything converse. the one star, the chuck, and most of their low top casual. addidas indoor soccer shoes of course. some band of nike casual, indoor soccer, and running shoes also work well. diadora's are nice. puma, any old skool van, i mean the list can go on.
    shop around, and don't be afraid to make some shoe store jockey earn his buck. personally, i like going to foot locker with a buddy and push them into a display to see if i get called for a technical. hope this helps.

Re: shoes

master dubfly
shelltoes (adidas).  perfect street shoe for me.

Re: shoes

jimsantos
chucks and sambas have held up best for me

Re: shoes

Maurice
yay sidi's with spd's!

Re: shoes

ryanlovesyou
I like Sambas for clips/straps and Sidis for clipless.