question...

barifett
so check this... i was going thru the parts of my old bike. (NISHIKI SPORT TRACK BIKE, which btw i stripped its paint and was going to paint it but built this panasonic bike instead.  i'll sell it cheap if anyone wants it.  its around 58cm) and i found my old crankset.  sugino VT.  i wanted to throw it on my panasonic but at a closer look the left crank arm seems to be a different brand.  same size (170) but just seems like a different arm than the right arm.  will that present a problem in trying to put it on my panasonic? feedback will be much appreciated.  HOLLA!!

--jared

Re: question...

benitosan
cranks differ by the taper to which they mount on the bottom bracket.

most japanese cranks like sugino and shimano use JIS tapers.
some japanese cranks like duraace use JIS taper for the older kind and octalink for the newer kind.
one exception to japanese cranks is suntour superbe pro which uses ISO tapers.

most italian cranks like campy, ofmega, gipiemme, and miche use ISO tapers.

mounting two different cranks to one bottom bracket will only be a problem if your two cranks have
two different tapers, but if they are both sugino or older shimano or duraace that shouldn't be a problem.