new whip

reckon
I can finally die

I found a STEEL FRAMED GT track bike!   not the pulse, or GTB, those are cool too, but these are uber rare= they made less than 50 total of the 4130 true temper olympic frames.

it has a nice shop of horrors paint job (I'll probably run it just like that too so it doesn't get pinched)
this is how I got it set up S/S but of course I put my fixed running gear on it from the motobacon.

the BB is pretty crispy, and one of the track ends has a slight bend, but it rides frikkin TIGHT, quick handling too.

I need a 700C fork, as the one on it now is not the correct length (too long axle to crown), maybe carbon?  and I'll take it to shaws and get the frame aligned and stuff.

and to think I was gunna get a steamroller

Re: new whip

lil' j
Great bike but this is not a Gt track frame. This bike was posted on craigs for some time. I believe that its either road or mountain. The ad said the track dropouts were added later. its a very unique bike and i love the cantilever brakes.

good purchase.. go ride some cyclocross with that thing

Re: new whip

reckon
yeah, I did the CLOSE inspection after I got it,.......

it's a 4130 road bike with track drops,...I rode it to work today (only 12mi ea. way)
and I love the thing, after 2 minutes on it it feels like I've been riding it for years, very natural (I guess that means it fits) nice and straight too.

your the 5th person to mention cyclocross with that bike, I'll have to look into it

anyway it only set me back $170 (after I sold the crap that was on it) so pretty good deal, and a unique whip for sure.

(wishing it was a olympic yamaguchi though!)