new guy here

remembertofocus
...quynh referred me

my old trek:

more: -focused fotos-

my current pista:

more: -focused fotos-

-adam

Re: new guy here

thyna-mao
Welcome!

Nice way to convert that freehub to a singlespeed on your trek. But aren't those frame a little big for you? Tuesdays Ride Night (Weather Permitting)

Re: new guy here

thyna-mao
Man those guys on the Bikeforum is giving you mad crap about your front brake...shoot, I only run a front brake when ever I run a single speed. Screw those guys

Re: new guy here

remembertofocus
thyna-mao wrote
Man those guys on the Bikeforum is giving you mad crap about your front brake...shoot, I only run a front brake when ever I run a single speed. Screw those guys
haha...i love that your following that...yeh i dont get it, i mean come on...and this too \/

thyna-mao wrote
Welcome!

Nice way to convert that freehub to a singlespeed on your trek. But aren't those frame a little big for you? Tuesdays Ride Night (Weather Permitting)
no man im 6' and it fits fine...i just prefer a low seat post bud...its my bike, and set it at whatever "improper seat height" i wish...just comfort preference. still adjusting as i get used to it. new bike.
and yes, ima try and make it out for the tuesday ride!

Re: new guy here

Just wondering though, Whats comfortable about having your seat post slammed. You knees are under-extended and it wastes a lot of power. is it some sort of BMX style?

See you Tuesday man.

Re: new guy here

remembertofocus
its not THAT low...trek was right after i got my new richey seat post and the bike back from the shop...it was just popped on and then out front for pics...
as for the pista, i dont know...i like em a little low? the bikes fresh, so im still feeln it out...the post has already started to come up slowly as i ride more and adjust. i just find my saddles lower then most my height...just my weird ways

Re: new guy here

With education, comes clarity.

Re: new guy here

remembertofocus
i agree. im all for it

Re: new guy here

jeffree
i know i used to like my seat low, but i raised it more to get the extension for my knees. it definitely felt weird at first buw now i'm used to it, feels much better.

Re: new guy here

remembertofocus
yeh, im workn on it...

Re: new guy here

Thats the spirit!

Re: new guy here

remembertofocus

Re: new guy here

benitosan
maybe he's built like me, i mean i'm 6ft but i have a shorter 32.5" inseam so i ride smaller 55/56cm bikes,
but i also have some 57/58cm bikes and the seat is a little lower on them, anyways, whatever makes you
more comfortable do it, but over time, you'll want to either find a better fitting bike or like everyone said
here, raise the seat a little higher to improve your leg-extension to maximize your pedal strokes/power.

whatever the case, come out and ride with us and have fun on bikes, ok?

Re: new guy here

yeah fuck that bullshit shit talking about front brakes, they need to shut up or i'll "brake" their face off!!!!

oh btw, welcome Adam! See you tuesday!