going to JAPAN!

Ireligious
hey yall... nice forum... since all yall are homegrown in san jose... id thought id help us out as a community first. Well im going to japan in january 2-9... willing to do some pick ups for a small fee...but have no idea where to start shop wise...im staying in shibuya...any suggestions?

Re: going to JAPAN!

Actually, im going to Japan too around that same time. I gotta figure out where to go and all that. Still quite a ways away but it'd be good to start planning now. Shibuya, huh? Gotta look into this.

Re: going to JAPAN!

Ireligious
yeah i guess its a part of tokoyo??? i dunno my gf booked the plane and hotel today... i just need to get a damn passport and save some scrilla up...

Re: going to JAPAN!

Commander Mandozer
Been there a few times. =) Dont know of any fixed gear shops because last time i went i wasn't into it. Ask people @ Fatlace, they should know.
As for place to go
Shibuya - where all the younger people go. lots of clubs, OK shopping.
Roppongi - THE mecca of the night life in Tokyo. Where all the westerners and stationed military people flog to. Also in Roppongi: Roppongi Hills. Very nice shopping center.
Harajuku - all the crazy cosplay shiet happens, very interesting place to vist.
Omotesando - right next to Harajuku, a ultra high end shopping area similar to Santana Row.
Ginza - another high end shopping area but with more 'department store' style, similar to Union Square in SF.
Odaiba (outside of tokyo) - amusement parks, shopping, toyota car museum. its on a man made island and very beautiful.

Hang out at Yoyogi Park (close to Harajuku). They have fixed gear meets & races often.

My personal favorite is a neat little town, where my brother lives, 10min bike ride from Shibuya called Shimo-Kitazawa. They have the coolest in-house brand urban clothes stores and its a chill place to hang out in.

Be prepared to spend a lot of money and have a lot of fun =)

Re: going to JAPAN!

Nice. How far apart are these cities from eachother? I wanna go already.

Re: going to JAPAN!

benitosan
someone please cop me a 56 or 57cm keirin frameset...

my dream/wishlist:

1. nagasawa
2. kalavinka
3. 3rensho
4. yamaguchi
5. samson
6. gan well pro

but i'd be happy with anything, level, vivalo, giro, kiyo, eimei, reminton, whatever, just 56/57cm please!

Re: going to JAPAN!

grown