bike shops

unvanished
so where do you guys normally go for your components, if not teh intarwebz? i've visited fast bicycles, bicycle express, reed's sports and faber's(before they closed). i went into sun bike shop yesterday and i was impressed with their variety. there is also talk that jason, the manager, will be carrying track/fixie parts soon. where do you guys go?

Re: bike shops

Most track parts i end up buying online only because there aren't really any local shops that carry track parts. But if i need something locally i go to Slough's on Race Street. George and Ben are really cool guys.

Re: bike shops

Thermite
Check out La Dolce Velo on Stevens Creek and San Tomas.   It's owned by really nice, knowledgeable, and helpful couple, Rob and Jackie.   Last time I was there they had good selection of track and road stuff.   From complete bikes to components.

Re: bike shops

chrstophr.el
if you want the really stereotypical track stuff (aka what bencycles.com, etc. carry)
then check out willow glen cycles right off lincoln ave.
super nice dudes, decent mechanics, but carry quite a bit of track stuff.

but yeah, for any kind of mechanical stuff, i go to slough's on race.

Re: bike shops

unvanished
soo what shops should everyone watch out for. i go to bicycle express but it always seems like they sheem the fuck outta you. they do the quick fix but in the long run, it problem still exists. any input would be dope. thanks guys.

Re: bike shops

thyna-mao
Since you're so close to Milpitas, try Sun Bike Shop off of S. Main St. and Montague. Jason, the Manager is pretty cool. I've been twisting his arm about getting more track/single speed stuff. They have decent prices and the repair work is pretty good. Maybe we can ride out there one of these day.

Re: bike shops

BRRUNO
Sun Bike Shop sucks...    the few times i went in there, we tried to use some of there tools, they give us some shitty broken ones that dont even work when we could see that they have new ones hanging up in the back that they use...  they didnt want us to use the newer tools.. they were getting mad saying that we were gonna break them...  what kind of customer service is that..  Definitely not nice guys...  Just go to Slough's. If you're getting work done there, you might have to just keep buggin them a bit tho..  Im still waiting on a wheel they ordered for me like 3 weeks ago..
FABERS!!!   Oldest bike shop in the Country!!! should be a California Historical Landmark...   why isn't it...

Re: bike shops

unvanished
yeah fabers was cool shit. its a shame it closed up shop. it would be dope to have a bike kitchen but because were so spread out, itd be useless. thanks for your input. ill be aware of that.

Re: bike shops

bhj1
ben and george at slough's are good guys.  the shop always looks a bit messy, but they know where everything is and if they don't have it they'll order it.  very fair prices too.  george has been doing the shop thing for more than 20 years and really knows his stuff.

william
some live to work, i work to live

Re: bike shops

grown