Stuck cog

cacks
Thought I didn't have enough muscle to remove so took it to the bike shop but they couldn't remove it either, chain whip got bent.  It's on there pretty tight any suggestion without doing any damage?
Thank you for not smoking without me.

Re: Stuck cog

cwiss
Spray some Pb Blaster into the threads and let it soak for 15-30 minutes, then try taking it off again.

Re: Stuck cog

Jizzal
IS the bike french? becasue my peugeot is regular threaded (opposed to reverse)

Re: Stuck cog

wes m.
You can:

reverse rotafix it

wrap a piece of old chain around the cog, put 2 short 2x4s on both sides of a vice, sandwich the cog between the 2x4s with the vise, turn the wheel as hard as you can

poor some triflow on it, wait 15 minutes, then hit it with the chain whip

start skidding around town and hope that it unthreads itself, aka suicide skid
ride for fun

Re: Stuck cog

benitosan
i always leave my tire on my wheel when removing a cog.
put chainwhip around the cog, then, on a soft surface like a carpeted floor,
gently bounce the wheel while torquing the chainwhip,
make sure that you are going in the right direction though (it will be opposite to the lockring).
after a few bounces and torques, it should break free, but if not,
then try the other suggestions on here...

Re: Stuck cog

cacks
After a couple of attempts, PB blast did it's job.  The suicide attempt would of been next.  Thanks for all the input fellas!
Thank you for not smoking without me.

Re: Stuck cog

cwiss
Nice. PB blaster is the isht!