Route To Oakland...

BRRUNO
anyone know a good route to get to oakland...  best thing i can think of is from Milpitas take main street to the automall then take fremont blvd..   or Mission Blvd..   anyone got anything ???

Re: Route To Oakland...

yrpants
i don't know...that whole area kind of sucks.

a year ago a friend and i set off to do that ride, thinking we'd make it to alameda or oakland...we went up N 1st to trimble/montague to go along the west side of 880 over by mccarthy blvd...eventually bumped over dixon landing to warm springs and then to grimmell and blacow through fremont and newark, bopping over to the baylands on thornton...but all of that was horribly boring and suburban, and the bay winds come off as a headwind when you're headed north in the afternoon, so by the time we got halfway through newark we said fuck it and turned around to mess around in the wetlands before taking the 180 bus back from fremont.

yeah, the east bay = not so much fun biking, in my book.  let me know if you find a better route!!  : )

Re: Route To Oakland...

bart :) & bike

Re: Route To Oakland...

BRRUNO
yea...  Im gonna ride to fremont take the bart up there then ride back...
..found a route.