Rollers??

MRK

Rollers??

MRK
Anyone have any rollers or know anything about rollers.

I'm planning on getting some but i don't want to just go headlong w/o any quality knowledge on the subject.

thanks

Re: Rollers??

comptechgsr
i have the nashbar, titanium-drum ones.

they're great.  what did you need to know?

easy to use - yes, give it a solid 5-15 minutes of learning it, focusing, relaxing.  start off in a doorway or up against a wall.  dont do it clipped in at first.

great workout, lots of sweat.  helps me keep a nice, small circlular spin.
MRK

Re: Rollers??

MRK
really just trying to find out what good brands were. and what size drums to go for. I'm seeing a lot of stuff suggesting Kreitler rollers. but wanted to make sure i wasn't getting any misinformation.

Re: Rollers??

Denny
I got the ones from performance when they were on sale.  The seem to work fine and are pretty quiet.  About 5 minutes to get over the fear then you'll be fine.

Re: Rollers??

cwiss
The smaller diameter rollers will provide more resistance.
I have the performance rollers too. They have a 3.5" diameter drum.
If you're looking for a workout, I'd get something with a smaller diameter as these don't offer much resistance.

Re: Rollers??

SELFdizolve
I got some off craigslist about a year ago for $50. I see them pop up from time to time around that price range.

Re: Rollers??

Twinky
Yeah, I got some new knock-off ones for about $100. But beware, some (if not all) will vibrate/rumble while riding on them, so if you don't live on ground level, you might want to wait till the downstairs neighbors leave. Or use them outside (in which case you might end up just riding around the block a few times instead :P).

Re: Rollers??

There is some guy on SFFixed selling some kreitlers for $100. Thats a pretty good deal.