Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

cwiss
So Thyna and I mentioned doing a roadie loop early this sat or sun. Be on the road at 8am and return before noon. Maybe ride the sierra/calaveras loop? Sand hill loop in PA? Would anyone else be down for this? Or want to throw in any other loop sugestions?

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

AlvChen
I'm around 7/13, but i'm not sure if my body will be up for it.  I'm doing some kind of adventure race thing on saturday at Grant County Park....I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the LiveStrong Challenge is this sunday, so I don't know if that'll affect where you guys wanted to ride.  They'll be starting in downtown SJ, going out to Saratoga, to Los Gatos, down to San Martin, up Metcalf, along San Felipe and Ruby, and back down around Berryessa.
MRK

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

MRK
Yea the LiveStrong challenge is in SJ this weekend, Races are on sunday.

here's a map http://www.livestrongchallenge.org/site/c.frKPI1PAIoE/b.4073473/k.C524/General_Course_Map.htm

It doesn't look like they'd effect you TOO much, but in the event you want to ride over the weekend it may be a better idea to go to PA instead of staying in SJ. That being said, if i wasn't participating in the LSC i'd be down for a caleveras loop any other weekend.

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

thyna-mao
Yeah, I forgot to mention that this weekend is not good for me, wedding all day on Saturday then my son's birthday on Sunday. Next Sunday is better...a longer loop to PA would be cool.  Still gots to get my bike tuned and the rear wheel trued.

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

climbarock
I guess I need to bring my bike down this week. It's been collecting dust at my dads. it's about time you guys do a road ride.

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

Maurice
I'm racing all weekend, one race is at hellyer and silver creek valley road (just south of hellyer) show up early and sign up! it'll be fun

https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/files_flyers/2579.pdf

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

cwiss
So since some of us have plans this weekend, maybe we can do a more organized ride next weekend. This sunday morning I plan on doing a short sand hill loop if anyone wants to join:
sand hill loop

Are your racing elite 3 mo? I might swing by and check it out.

Re: Roadie ride, 7/12 or 7/13, early am

Maurice
I'm still a cat 4 but I'll be a 3 before the end of the season. I think my race starts at 10:30
I have lots of free time next weekend