Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

MyFriendsCallMeDick
I think it's a damn shame we don't have a critical mass here...anyone interested in just riding from dt san jo through vally fair/santa row to Los Gatos and back?

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

Maurice
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
We are not having a critical mass in San Jose, our rides are close enough to critical mass and San Jose drivers don't put up with shit here. You will more than likely get run over, or arrested.

Let's just stick to our Tuesday rides, they are dangerous enough

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

chrstophr.el
^ completely agree.
what you described sounds like the majority of our tuesday rides anyway.
just know that there are many cyclists who don't consider critical mass to be a positive thing in any way.
like maurice said, the driver ignorance of cyclists here is staggering, so a ride that long at critical mass speeds would be all too dangerous.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

climbarock
the idiots up in sf can have their cm. they do nothing but create more tension between drivers and cyclists. or should i say, just more drivers hating anything with 2 wheels.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

justin.vincent
I have yet to ride in SJ but I agree with Maurice, drivers in SJ are ruthless.
I was just skating across the street one day and a cop not only honked at me but started reving his engine. He was at a stop too :smh

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

thyna-mao
Nay on the CM idea, San Jose is not SF. The roads are wider and drivers still drive on the bike lanes. Lets stick to our usual Tuesday Night Social/workout rides like we've been having. Lets be safe out there, specially on Senter/Tully/King Rd.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

Maurice

Senter/tully/king = mexican & asian nightmare! I'm so glad I don't live out there

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

unvanished
this is the exact reason why i dont ride out that far into eastside or evergreen. i dont trust the asian and mexican drivers. i drove out there once and old asian lady was driving down tully in the bike lane for 3 stop lights! also, i drove out there to see the dark knight midnight release and some idiot on a fixie with no lights decides to come shooting out right in front of me to bike in the bike lane opposite of the direction of traffic.

but back to the topic, critical mass is a bad idea in san jose. the tuesday rides are pretty much what you described.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

dieslow
alterd beast and street fighter are my top favorite games cool shit man.(sorry out of subject) O and yeah us mexicans tend to not carry insurance. you know it true...

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

Maurice
I trust the mexicans more, they seem to know if they hit someone they are totally screwed since the majority of them probably have insurance/drivers license/legal papers... it's ok to say that cause I'm brown...

the asian's really scare me, some of them have that driving position where the hands are both on the top of the steering wheel, they are crouching forward the head is tilted back with mouth open squinting as if to see if any cars are coming....

I don't know where all of this is coming from... please ignore me

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

benitosan
the worst drivers:  #1 ASIANS, #2 WHITE SOCCER MOMS, #3 MEXICANS, #4 YUPPIES IN PRIUS/SUBARU WAGONS.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

AlvChen
Whoa whoa whoa...easy there.  I satisfy #1 and #4....so they cancel each other out, right???

#1 + #4 = Yappy, bonus points for smelling like mothballs, driving with white gloves, walking with those ridiculous visor/shade screen thingys, are you good in math and a bad tipper too?
MRK

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

MRK
in all honesty. given the current state of things i wouldn't recommend Crit Mass anywhere....

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

Maurice
what about those dust masks that people drive and walk around with?
I just don't understand sometimes...

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

Griffen
Almost as bad are the rednecks out here in Livermore (basically anyone that drives a raised truck and listens to Kenny Chesney). During the summer they drink natty ice and drive like assholes.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

iornlung
all of this is so funny, it gets me through my work days. hahah.  its all so true!
MRK

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

MRK
this happened a couple wks ago in NY. you probably already know. but if you don't LEARN UP SON

http://www.trackosaurusrex.com/pblog/index.php?entry=entry080803-063442

p.s. trackosaurusrex rocks.

Re: Pseudo Critical Mass in San Jo...anyone down?

m1ke
Dude thats insane, I heart dirty cops...