Places to ride in SJ

Jan I Am
So, me and my buddy are planning to go ride around SJ tmrw for a bit.
Ive ridden there before, and downtown gets boring fast.
We're gonna be around Oakridge Mall area I guess for some part of the day...
Where else is there to ride?
Ive ridden down all of Capital is, and Brokaw. Pretty fun with excessive traffic and bad drivers. But any open flat places?
Also, any good/decent bike shops to check out? I havent ridden in SJ since last year, so any help would be cool.
If anyones out riding or watever, holler.

Re: Places to ride in SJ

jeffree
you can head to the evergreen / silver creek area

Re: Places to ride in SJ

Jan I Am
Where specifically is that? I saw that it was mentioned in the SF to SJ thread.
Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Places to ride in SJ

cwiss
Do a loop through all the downtown's in the southbay: campbell, saratoga, los gatos, mountain view, hit up foothill with all the roadies.

Or just wing it and ride where ever. I might be down to ride with ya'll tomorrow if i'm not super hung over...

Re: Places to ride in SJ

jeffree
if you've been down capitol before just start to go up quimby. or you can go around silver creek hills off yerba buena off 101 which is the exit after capitol

Re: Places to ride in SJ

AmongShadows
From downtown SJ ride north towards the police station. All the way up to Alviso swamps. Good ride flat for the most part.