Knee pain?

the_kal
Do you have knee pain? How long does it last and do you stop riding for a while? I think I hurt myself tonight riding away from sjsu. Just curious if you guys got any advices.

kal
When I'm riding my bicycle I feel like a Buddhist who is happy just to enjoy his mundane existence. ~ Robin Williams

Re: Knee pain?

jensenn
along with the saddle height check also the saddle angle. if its angle down this might cause you to slide forward and put more pressure on the knees.

also crank length matters. yours might be too long. i used to ride a 170 and my knee started hurting and i recently just finished a new build with 165mm cranks and my knee pain is almost gone.

then theres the gearing. its better to have a lower gearing and spin more rather than mash.