Bike Polo

So Chris from Santa Cruz brought down some mallets yesterday and a few of us played some polo. It was pretty sick. Thanks again man.

So i just started lookin up stuff about bike polo online. Here are some things i found. Check it out. Im gonna be making a mallet for myself. Here a link to a DIY bike polo mallet. You should make a mallet for yourself. It would be sick if we can really get this goin down here in SJ. I think there would be a bunch of people that would get into this. Its pretty damn fun.

DIY Bike Polo Mallet
http://208bikepolo.blogspot.com/2007/11/mallet-making-101-aka-craft-time.html

Bike polo rules
http://www.active.com/mountainbiking/Articles/Bike_polo__Hone_your_skills__make_friends__have_fun.htm

Re: Bike Polo

corporate p
the blue tent would be perfect for this.

Re: Bike Polo

tinaballs
saturday night.... your place... pavel. bbq&coke

Re: Bike Polo

Jeff ES EF
I'm down for it but we might need some medical kits, ice packs, and helmets if we're going extreme with it.

Re: Bike Polo

corporate p
haha...no coke pls, were tryin to eat saturday night.  if anyones down slide thru.

Re: Bike Polo

Yea i was thinking about the blue tent too. That area would work perfectly. That place is lit up at night too.

Saturday night it is. Hopefully ill be around. Still thinkin about going down south for the weekend though. Ill bring Pepsi. hahah.

Re: Bike Polo

jimsantos
Its a bit easier if the area is enclosed, so the balls aren't going everywhere. I.E. basketball court or tennis court w/o nets, but I have no idea where they have that here. Don't forget to drop your gear ratio if you really wanna get on it.

Re: Bike Polo

dopesick
we use normal gearing down here, and no helmets. the trick is to not over play, and remember that all of our bikes cost alot. if everyone can respect that, and not get all hyphy at it, shit should be smooth.

Re: Bike Polo

jimsantos
yeah that works too. mutual respect conquers all

Re: Bike Polo

herbMFreal
down for that shiz! Ill bring Dr. Pepper ha!
Herb.Real@gmail.com

Re: Bike Polo

subtle://
bike polo is fucking rad.
maybe a couple of us homies from sc might have to drop in for this one

some directions would be cool

Re: Bike Polo

dopesick
where in SC are you?
i live in SC.

Re: Bike Polo

dannytran-2
perhaps make a beater bike for polo?  it's not hard to convert, as we all know.  bike polo tournament in the works.  groups of three or four.  downtown on some tennis court/basketball court.

Re: Bike Polo

yrpants
holy crap this looks amazing...we've been talking about this with the bike party, i want to do it when we figure out the details (and maybe when it gets a little warmer).

this week we're doing "capture the bike" - friday night at the discovery museum park, should be rad!