Bike Paths/Trails in the area? (Union City, Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose)

Bike Paths/Trails in the area? (Union City, Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose)

smellmypeebody
I enjoy riding longer distance rides on bike paths on my fixed gear. I just got a bike rack so I can look for some new rides..

Looking for something not too hilly w/ paved roads. I like bringing my camera with me.. so nice scenery is a +.

I'm in Union City and have been going on the Alameda Creek Trails / Coyote Hills.. Those are great.. I'd just like to try something new and maybe a bit more challenging..

any suggestions?

I'm in Union City.

Re: Bike Paths/Trails in the area? (Union City, Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose)

Maurice
There's a bike map you can get, it's like $10 bucks and I think performance has it. it's all off the bay area and it tons and tons of info and trails. it's totally worth the investment and you can find new places to explore. and it tells you where all the hills are and the steepness.

Re: Bike Paths/Trails in the area? (Union City, Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose)

AlvChen
There's the Coyote Creek Trail in south SJ and also the Los Gatos Creek Trail that goes from SJ to Los Gatos.  I've had some issues with the people on the Los Gatos Creek Trail.  Besides the ridiculous amount of runners on the weekends, some of them feel like they own the path and don't really move to the side when you say, "On your left" ....it could be because they have their headphones on.

Re: Bike Paths/Trails in the area? (Union City, Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose)

Thermite

Re: Bike Paths/Trails in the area? (Union City, Fremont, Milpitas, and San Jose)

fouronsix
There's this bike path in McCarthy Ranch in Milpitas. You can get to it by going across the street from Borders. yeee.