Anyone race cross?

smellmypeebody
It has always seemed fun to me, and I recently built up a single speed cx bike.

Though, other than that, I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Re: Anyone race cross?

m1ke
Just sold my cross bike, here's the local race series though.

http://www.cccx.org/2008/index.shtml

Other than that, just hit up the local mtb trails to train.

Re: Anyone race cross?

benitosan
Murphy/team DFL/Sheila Moon clothing just solicited me to be on his cross-racing team this fall...

i don't even race cross nor own a cross bike!  he just heard about my legendary climbing skills i guess, haha!

i'll give it a try, but i don't think i'm cut out for the Sheila Moon skinsuits nor the competition, but we'll see!

Re: Anyone race cross?

Maurice
That's awesome Bennett! put in a good word for me, I'm considering racing but my back might be too old to race cross... I don't own a cross bike... yet

Re: Anyone race cross?

Monsignor Blair
Back in the day........
  When I was a wee drunk, I was working at Calabazas Cyclery.  The owner Rob and the semi-owner of Boss Racing, Cecil Jones, used to do cross races on BMX Cruisers, and win in the B Class.  And after racing cross myself, there were plenty of mountain bikes, modified road and touring bikes, and what not that would race.
  Granted, I haven't raced cross in 10 years, but I imagine the "fuck it and ride" attitude is still there.  Even the pro's wore tutu's.  Just don't be distracted by the Orange Curtain.
http://www.myspace.com/sjroadrashandteasociety
"Americans are broad-minded people. They'll accept the fact that a person can be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if a man doesn't drive, there is something wrong with him." ~Art Buchwald