AVC at Hellyer

Maurice
Come to Hellyer and watch the American Velodrome Challenge. free food, free beer, trackstand competition, and some really fast racing.
I thought there would be a separate field for cat 3 racers but I have to race with top athletes from around the country... I'm screwed! come see my ass get lapped!

on a separate note I raced the A's on wednesday and I got second! but there weren't any of the big boys out

Re: AVC at Hellyer

Maurice, When is this?

Re: AVC at Hellyer

Maurice
My bad, it's friday night and saturday

Re: AVC at Hellyer

cwiss
Which races are you gonna be in?

Re: AVC at Hellyer

Maurice
I'll be doing the miss n out on friday night, and the scratch and points race on saturday night. My goal is not to get lapped in the points race and to try and get lucky and stay on a good wheel. I highly doubt I'll earn any points and I know I won't be placing
these guys are so fast, I think a couple are going to the olympics

Re: AVC at Hellyer

cwiss
Cool. I'll come out to cheer you on...

Re: AVC at Hellyer

benitosan
i'm planning on coming out Friday afternoon, is the racing only at night or is there gonna be some events
during the day?  i can't stay to watch Maurice race at night, sorry!  last train back to San Mateo is 1030,
and with Hellyer being so far from the train station, i'll prolly have to bounce out before he races, good luck!

Re: AVC at Hellyer

Maurice
The racing starts at 7:00 but I wont be racing till later. though I will be before the madison and womens points race so you might get to see the miss n out before having to leave.

Re: AVC at Hellyer

let's meet up or something?

Re: AVC at Hellyer

benitosan
i'm coming down on Caltrain by 4 or 5pm... someone, anyone, everyone meet me downtown
and let's ride to Hellyer together, ok?  skiddy hall/hydration/sj state/wherever, let's all meetup!

-Bennett
650.868.8135

ps can anyone put me (maybe +1 too) up for the night in case i get too drunk and miss the train home?

Re: AVC at Hellyer

What time are you guys heading out to Hellyer? Chris, Quynh, Alex?