12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

mark_xvx
This post was updated on .
so some friends and i are riding home to ivan's.  we get stopped by the cops for not having a front light, yet turned into a quick ticket once we knew we had the right and consent for them to not check our bags.  we get tickets.  they tell us to walk home.  yet then tell us to ride home and not get hit by any cars.

ride home.  get a ticket.  can't ride home cause it's against the law.  then get consent to ride home, already in violation.

gonna try to contest it even though cvc 2101(d) is in violation.

the fact that we knew our rights as citizens to not give them consent to check our bags made them hostile and automatically gave us tickets under that circumstance.  they patted us down with no reason.  they told us we were smart asses.

no cars were there, well lit area of the downtown.  best time to ride in watsonville is at night.

childish law enforcement to meet quotas. fuck cops. rest in piss.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

corporate p
"rest in piss"...i thought i was the only one who listened to brotha lynch hung!

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

cwiss
My brain just exploded trying to understand this.

So you knew riding without a light can get you a ticket? And you rode anyway and end up getting a ticket. Why don't you act like an adult and take responsibility for your actions. Pay the ticket.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

andyh182
lol @ cwiss.  whatever just go to court if u can, they will most likely reduce the fine and might even waive the fine completely.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

Jan I Am
You can hope the cops were dumb enough not to write out a bicycle ticket, and gave you an automobile ticket.

If that happens, the "judge" will let you go to frolic freely.

Happened to me last year.
Waited in court for almost two hours, near the end, judge lets me off. I didnt even get to stand up for 5 mins.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

mark_xvx
Too bad you had to pay your tickets! Bummer.  Ha.  Getting our tickets waived.  It pays to know the loopholes.  As for being adults, knowing your rights and what you can do is the most "grown up" thing you can do.  That's being an adult.  Anything less would be childish for submitting to authority.  I didn't mean to cause anything, but you sound just like the cop that busted us.

so much for being a law abiding citizen.

hell yes!

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

cwiss
Being an adult is manning up and taking responsibility, anything less would be childish. You knew you can get a ticket for not having a light and you rode anyway. The cop had every right to give you a ticket. Same as a cop has every right to write someone up a ticket going 1mph over the speed limit. They can be cool about it and let you slide or give you the shit end of the stick which you got. But kudos to you for getting that shit waived!

My bro is an officer, and if you’re cool with them and do what they ask, they’re more than likel to just let you off the hook. By not consenting to let them search your bags, you were probably asking for it. If you had nothing to hide, you should have just let him search your bag and be done with it.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

mark_xvx
Yeah, we did own up to our responsibility and found took the initiative to see what we can do.  It's just shitty when people don't know that they can do something about it, unless it's inevitable that you're pinned.

Anyway, no beef man.  My brother in law is a cop now.  I ain't tripping to much.  And I guess the cop that wrote us up was a bro-cop.  He accused us of robbing a house and being writers!  Haha... random.  We'll try to ride with you guys in sj again soon!  We have some busty hills in watson if you're ever down here (which will probably be never, haha!).  We don't ride til 10-11ish at night though.  Traffic here is shit.

we good?

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

cwiss
Werd. Tickets suck, especially when given by an asshole cop. Glad you were able to get it waived.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

barifett
the one time is weak all day, everyday.  we all got rights, enforce that ish!! holla

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

jeffree
yeah this happened to me before. i think they just thought i was a tagger and wanted to check my bag for cans.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

dopesick
fuck the holice

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

FazeOne
dude i did not understand that post one bit.but damn that sucks they gave you tickets for no lights up front? did anyone at all have a light on their bike?

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

mark_xvx
we all had rear lights

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

josh.
so i want to know im a fixed gear rider in losangeles. i want to know if theres any normal rides up there. or any riders intersted on rideing with me next week around the 27 throught the 3rd . if any wants to ride contact me at jshjuarez@gmail.com. thanks.

Re: 12:51AM ride home (watsonville)

josh.
im staying in watson ville but down to go on a ride anywhere close.